Monday, October 25

School Lunches

I read a lot of blogs. I have a select 20 that I check everyday on a regular basis (I think I might have a problem). Anyway, most of them pertain to food, here's an interesting one:


This blog is about an elementary school teacher (Mrs. Q) somewhere in IL that isn't too happy with the school lunch program, she feels that her students lack energy and aren't eating healthy... also, THEY DON'T HAVE RECESS.

So what Mrs. Q does is that she does something similar to what Morgan Spurlock does in 30 days/Super Size Me, she eats what the students eat for a full school term and she gets medical checkups and stuff just to see how it's effecting her body.

So far from what I read she's not doing too bad, after she posted for a year she said that she has noticed that the school is actually introducing more vegetables and fresh fruit into the menu.



this is an image of one of her meals, they have pizza so far it looks like every friday.

What surprises me the most is that how everything is packaged in containers that look like they're just steamed or microwaveable -- does this school even have an industrial kitchen that works?

there's some pretty interesting posts on there and a bunch of mediocre school lunch pictures... check it out if you have a chance.

-RK

No comments: